JOMO Pride Inc Pride Planning & Board Meeting Minutes
Sun August 21st 2022 @ 6:30pm
Blackthorn Pizza & Pub Submitted by Stephanie Marsh, Secretary on 8/25/22
Sign-in & Speaking Requests
Call to Order
Roll Call – Approve Quorum
Board Members – Ron, Lonnie, Stephanie, Ashley, Kelsey, Lydia, Kam TJ(virtual)
Others in attendance -
Approval of Board Minutes - August 3rd - approved Ron, with amendment in the last meeting Viriya agrees to sponsor the Brunch Sept 10 for the first 50 people -- no objections
Approval of Board Agenda - August 10th -– Ron motions, no objections
1. Reports of Officers
Co-Chair – road closures done and complete with city of Joplin
Co-Chair – chamber sponsoring PRIDE again. Previously chamber was meet with several complaints, now this year the chamber is seeing a positive reaction, need to a peg board for Photo booth at PRIDE, estimated costs $40 bucks loni motions, no objections.
Treasurer – 19,442.11 total in the bank> paypal issue is fixed for future transactions
Secretary – no reports
Sponsorship – no reports
Vendor – vendor emails sent for separate day vendors and both day vendors. Vendor member needs a vendor permit – will need to contact city finance office for vendor permits. Emailed sponsors to confirm if they want to set up booths. Vendor packets are released to all sponsors. Ron is going to dig up Food vendor documents that will need to sent for health department codes
Volunteer – Truck confirmed for chairs downtown Saturday; 50 chairs available from both churchs, Sept 4th & Sept 7th volunteer orientation meetings time @6:30pm;
Entertainment: JHB all confirmed for shows during PRIDE
At Large -
2. Unfinished Business
1. Sustain motions in group chat -
1. Pride events at Locker room – suspended all activities no objections
2. Public statement – posted on social media no objections
3. Airbnb to purchase an AirBnB for Royal Court for $418.52 who voted with what -- abstaining from vote Loni, Preston, Tj. Yes vote Kam, Stephanie, Heather, Ashley, Johnny, Ron
1. Call for volunteers - schedule volunteer orientation meeting 4th & 7th
1. Volunteer post to be made and shared
2. Ashley to meet with Ron to go over duties, old duties in drive
3. collect music etc - Entertainment is working on that, but entertainers may not have music until a week before event.
2. September 9th -
1. 6pm-9pm blackthorn meet & greet – discuss PRIDE Social – Set and confirmed
3. September 10th -
1. Meet & greet update @6pm 16 groups, emails and confirmation is getting look at to make sure slots are filled and paid for.
2. Verify entertainers on board for all selected shows – not completed
4. September 11th -
1. Drag Brunch - Chaos
1. Event to start at 1030.
2. Buffet $20, entrance to show is free, first 50 free. Board members need to purchase their own meal, not include in 50 free
3. Brunch flyer – Completed and posted flyer created and posted
2. Pride In the Park - Landreth
2. Flyer for kids show to be made – not complete, no deadline set
3. Round up prizes for free bingo – all board members need to help round up prizes
3. Event insurance payment $800, comping 500 off, $350 for that. Lydia will go to Kelly Prober Insurance for payment
4. Park payment for electric stations – Ron needs to fill out form
5. Meet with public works on electric for Joplin Ave – Ron is planning to meet soon.
5. Marketing/promotional materials ordered
6. titleholder photo release/commercial release -- board creating folder for title holders to pull photos from
7. Road closure drop off notice finished –
8. Vendor duties
1. Kelsey to take over vendor role temporarily
2. Food vendor email to go out with health dept – Kelsey is take care of this to ensure all food vendors have this for health department
9. Posting event page, flyers, reminders, sponsors frequently leading up to pride EVERYONE SHARE
10.Need to order 6 more poles and 6 new flags for street - flags ordered, loni will get poles from Lowes or depot.
11.Porto potties 2 needed one for each location – Ron needs to solidify
12.Call city to get additional trash cans on site – Ron need to contact city
1. Post new sponsor graphic & update sponsor page to 2022 – get in touch with person hired to run site and have him changes a few things leading up to PRIDE.
2. Add rainbow & corporate sponsors to LGBTQ directory per sponsorship exchange
14.Reimbursements for grant
1. Gayly $520 needs paid `
15.Make contact with additional hotels/get rooms/links/tracking . - loni suggests contact cvb and Donna to see what they can do to assist.
16.On site surveying of attendees needed each day of pride - do drawings for taking surveys - free brunch ticket giveaway drawings for surveys - create form – Loni will create survey for volunteers
3. October - Monster Ball
1. Headliner ideas, Karma Khaos, Coco Caine - board will continue to look/reach out
4. Future Pageant discussion - moved to next agenda when more members can have input Preston not in person asks Loni to bring forth a motion to cancel the pageant and replace it with a talent show and that winner would have a guaranteed 15 min segment at PRIDE Fest. Due to pageant drama in the post and current year, the costs that the board incurs, board needs to look at current a contract, there is a lot of time and energy to put the pageant in the hands of the Royal Court, board looks at adjusting duties and Loni motions; TABLE TO MOTION FOR NEXT MEETING, a potential adding clause in contract to raise an X amount for PRIDE. No objections
3 . New Business
1. Next Meeting dates -
Sun 28th @6:30pm
1. Sun 4th (also volunteer organizational meeting) 6:30pm
2. We'd 7th (also volunteer organizational meeting)
3. Schedule passes by unanimous consent.
2. Speaker Requests -
3. Floor Open to Board – bank statements for Ron, needs