JOMO Pride Inc Pride Planning & Board Meeting Agenda
Sun Oct 3rd, 2021 @ 6pm
In-person Blackthorn Pizza & Pub
Submitted by Co-Chairs
Call to Order
Roll Call – Approve Quorum
Board Members - Ron, Johnny, Lydia, Preston, Loni, Larry(phone), Taryn and Ashley(phone)
Others in attendance – Susan, Spiva, Tania, Remi
Approve Board Minutes August 19th- Motion passes
Approve Board Agenda for October 3rd – Motion passes
1. Reports of Officers and Committees
Co-Chair – Working on grants and visitor bureau
Co-Chair – Working to find candidates interested in filling at-large position
Treasurer - $939.45 is in the account
Secretary - Nothing
Sponsorship - Nothing
Vendor – Not in attendance
Entertainment Director – Not in attendance
Asst. Entertainment Director – They have not had a meeting as of today, going to get one scheduled for the committee
Volunteer – There is a FB page called “we are queer and this is art” would like to have people like the page and do more with art for kids and adults.
Marketing - Working on ads
Guest Speaker - Susan Adams - Spiva
2. Unfinished Business
· Parade - discuss homecoming and possible pride parade – Loni, Taryn and Ashley went to the MSSU homecoming parade and were able to see how they closed off roads and set up. Loni is also going to set up a meeting with Brad Hodson, he does the MSSU parades.
· Are we officially going to 3 days September 9th - 11th? Yes, motion passes
· Pre pride teaser ad - GAYLY 1/8th page – Preston is working on the ad.
· Would like to buy a projector and blow-up screen for movie in the park events - possibly added to pride and/or during pride month – Talk to Patrick Tuttle concerning the projector and screen.
· Booking info received for Maxi Glamour - Season 3 Boiler Brothers Dragula - $500 + hotel & travel from St. Louis. – discuss – Table this conversation till next meeting
B. Grant -
· Grant 2021 is complete. Last check for 3,500 received. Total 4,895 received from 2021 grant.
· Additional funds available for pre event ad for pride -
C. OCT 22nd Halloween Drag Ball
· Solidify performer list/approve booking fees. - Complete
· MOTION: additional $20 boost to our event ad on fb – Motion passes
· Event on visitjoplinmo.com website
· Silent auction items & giveaway items needed - please solicit
· Flyer for Talent portion, flyer for main event complete
· Door cover - $5 from 6-6:30 and $10 from 6:30 on
· Bring additional bank and $1's
· Setup can start after noon
· Check in stops at 5:30 sharp for contestants
o 2 - door (could use 3 when busy)
o 2 - silent auction (3 during checkout)
o Stage assistant – Lydia or Stephan
o 1 general volunteer - 50/50 raffle helper
o Ashley asked for help with volunteers – Taryn offered to help. Ashley will get with Taryn to give information she has.
E. Marketing -
· Flyer for Talent Qualifier & Monster Ball & visitors bureau/GAYLY done
· Rules proposal for shows – Preston brought up alternating hosts for shows and also to not have performers in three shows in a row. Motion passes
· Preston to make spreadsheet to keep track of performers and hosts
F. Chamber Meeting & marketing efforts - Ron to do Interview segment Nov 2nd at Chamber offices
G. Committees - (Outreach, Sponsorship, Entertainment) - amend bylaws to reflect motion: Motion to allow up to 9 community members to sit on a committee instead of 5, with the addition of a board member who shall chair it. Committee not to be comprised of more than half drag performers. Should meet once a month by phone, video or in person, keep notes of each meeting, votes & final decisions of committee - submit to board for final approval & feedback. Solicit for community members for committees.
I. Treasurer Duties - need letter for IRS change of address, need CPA, rectify balance sheet with bank account and update it regularly, file 990 tax for Crystal Methyd 1,500, good deeds network check - Larry is working on the spreadsheet – Taryn to make letter for the IRS to change from Carey to Larry.
K. Date for Nov. Annual Meeting & Bylaw Review - Nov 28th - 4-8pm – Pre bylaw meeting November 11th from five to nine at Loni and Taryn’s house.
L. Pride idol Talent -
· 2-3 qualifying rounds and 1 final
· Winner of each round takes contestant fees, advances to final, winner gets paid booking during mainstage at PrideFest.
· Any talent & all ages
· Contestant fee: $10
· If you lose in a previous round you must repay the contestant fee in another round and win to qualify
· 3 judges - 1 pride, 1 host establishment and 1?
· Door cover $5 (funds to PrideFest)
· Blackthorn, Whisky Dick's, Locker Room, Flicker or JACC (different venue each round)
M. Pride photo dumps post needs to be made
N. Reimbursements – None
O. 2022 fundraiser month schedule
· Feb - Drag Show Fundraiser - Remi's Valentine's Fundraiser - Blackthorn
· Mar – Joplin’s Got Talent Round 1 - JACC
· April - Drag Bingo Fundraiser - Locker room
· May - Joplin’s Got Talent Round 2- Whiskey Dicks
· June - Pageant - Joplin’s Got Talent Round 3 – Locker Room (pageant) Blackthorn (JGT)
· July - Drag Bingo – Locker Room Blackthorn all ages
· August - Joplin’s Got Talent Finale - Wilders
· September - Pride
· Discuss venues for each
P. New Year’s Eve Bash - Dec 31st
· Performer list: Veronika Versace, Stephan, King Miles, Tania, Remi, and reach out to Ann Howe
· 21+, doors open at 7 or 8, goes until close.
· Advance ticket sales
· VIP tables and general admission - $15 for general
· Drag, horderves, midnight countdown & champagne toast, dance party, door prizes, party favors etc. Table until next meeting
R. Website - update all application buttons/pricing, pictures to pageant page, pictures to PrideFest page (including prelim info for next year). - Nov 1st - live with 2022 applications. – Get with Patrick Haase, November everything will go live.
S. MX Regent Category - make announcement – Table till next meeting
3 . New Business
A. Next Meeting date and time – October 17th at 6pm