JOMO Pride Fest History
- 2018 - The Joplin Pride Board at the time disbanded, leaving the community without a festival. Community members came together, compiled resources, rebranded the festival and brought it to the heart of Downtown Joplin. That August the festival saw record numbers with 1000 attendees throughout the day.
- Jan. 2019 - JOMO Pride Inc was officially formed as a 501c3 Non Profit.
- Aug. 2019 - Festival was expanded and saw record numbers again with 2000 participants attending throughout the day.
- 2020 - Digital Pride format was adopted due to COVID-19, first ever Queer-antine Pride Cruise
- 2021 - Fully expanded 2-day festival August 28th & 29th
- 2023 - First 3 day festival over 2200 in attendance