MINUTES FROM JOMO PRIDE 3/20/22
Pepsi did show to meeting to discuss options for sponsorship
JOMO Pride Inc Pride Planning & Annual Board Meeting Agenda
Sun Mar 20th, 2022 @ 6pm
Submitted by Secretary Stephanie Marsh
Call to Order
Roll Call – Approve Quorum
Board Members – Johnny, Loni, Steph, Lydia, Ron, Preston, Ashley, Kim
Others in attendance – Remi
Approval of Board Minutes Feb 27th – No objections
Approval of Board Agenda Mar 20th – No Objections
Due to people needing to leave early Ron motions to move all votes to beginning of meeting – no objections.
Reports of Officers and Committees
Co-Chair – No reports
Co-Chair - No reports
Treasurer – Not in attendance
Secretary – No report
Sponsorship – Johnny is receiving more about sponsorships for JOMO PRIDE.
Entertainment Director - New rule, pertaining to entertainers: final discussions and say is by the board and not the entertainment committee.
Asst. Entertainment Director – Continuing to look for contact Jomo Pride King and Queen signed to give copy to each party.
Volunteer – Looking for volunteers for April events.
At Large -
1. Guest - Pepsi Rep – Discussion – MEMBERS FROM PEPSI ARRIVED PRIOR TO MEETING BEGINNING. THEY DISCUSSED OPTIONS FOR SPONSORSHIP SUCH AS VOLUNTEERS AND PRODUCT. BOARD WILL MOVE FORWARD WITH PEPSI TO DETERMINE BEST WAY TO UTILIZE SPONSORSHIP. RON MOTIONS; LYDIA 2NDS – NO OBJECTIONS.
2. Unfinished Business
1. Queer Revival –– REVIVAL REQUESTS MEETING TO DISCUSS DETAILS. DISCUSSIONS CONTINUE/MOVE TO NEXT MEETING
2. 2022 schedule -
0. April 9th – Chaos – DATE CONFIRMED WITH VENUE
0. Motion - Use Josh Shackles fo Dj & Sound service - $250 – RON MOTIONS, STEPHANIE 2NDS – NO OBJECTIONS
1. Performers -
2. Vote sustained in Board Thread - Vote to proceed with performer lineup; Lasagna, Towers, Ace, Beverly, and Sean. 7 for, 2 against, 1 abstain. – MOVE FORWARD
3. Silent auction items: donations needed - solicit – STILL COLLECTING ITEMS.
1. Bingo Discussion - MOTION - cancel/postpone Drag Bingo and plan for a Pride Drag Night Fundraiser. RON IS CONTACT STATE IN REGARDS TO LICENSING FOR BINGO. RON MOTIONS TO CANCEL THE BINGO AND REPLACE WITH DRAG SHOW IF STATES CONFIRMS WE CAN NOT GET A LICENSE. JOHNNY 2NDS – NO OBJECTIONS.
0. Carrington Pride Takeover Fundraiser - May Friday the 13th –PRESTON CONFIRMED LOCATION WITH BLACKTHORN
1. Possible chili cook off – CONTACTING PARKS AND RECS FOR SPACE AT LANDRETH PARK TO HOST COOK OFF AND CORNHOLE TORNAMENT. BOARD NEEDS TO IRON OUT HOW COOKOFF WORKS. JOHNNY IS MAKING CONTACTS THIS WEEK.
0. Pride Pageant - Locker Room or alternate venue – PRESTON IS CONTACTING MSSU FOR THE USE OF BLACKBOX THEATRE.
0. Possible Judges? (Double as entertainment) – POSSIBLE JUDGES SCRAPPY, SHAYNA, VERONICA.
1. Theme - Bring Back tha Funk - tribute to the 70's & 80's.
2. Proposed Date Sun June 12th
3. Need contestant flyer and normal event flyer. Contestant flyer; prize package, theme, application fee, titles in pageant, times, locations, categories.
1. Drag Revue show - Board discussed moving to August – MOVED TO NEXT MEETING.
2. July -
0. Drag Bingo – MOVE TO NEXT MEETING TO DISCUSS NEW INFORMATION ON GAMBLING LICENSES.
1. All ages - transmit video into front room for this event - get with Mel
3. August – MOVED TO NEXT MEETING
0. Final fundraiser - Pride Revue Show
4. September -
0. PRIDEfest Sept 9th - 11th NO ACTION, MOVE TO NEXT MEETING
1. September 9th -
0. Queer Revival – tbd – NEED TO SET DATE TO MEET WITH ORGANIZORS TO DISCUSS FURTHER DETAILS BEFORE COMMITMENT.
1. Meet & Greet at Locker Room – STILL DISCUSSING, MOVE TO NEXT MEETING
2. September 10th –NO ACTION, MOVE TO NEXT MEETING
0. PrideFest Street Fair - Joplin Ave
1. Meet & Greet with Crystal Methyd in between mainstage drag sections - per Queendom Talent
2. Night time activities after street festival closes - Joplin Ave
3. September 11th – NO ACTION, MOVE TO NEXT MEETING
0. Drag Brunch - location tbd
1. Pride In the Park - Landreth
2. Finale Show - location tbd
5. October - Monster Ball - October 29th – STILL NEED TO CONFIRM WITH BLACKTHORN.
1. Lookout for headliners for 2023 -
2. Receipt for $450 GAYLY Payment - Ron to bring receipt to CVB - TASK NOT COMPLETE, RON COMPLETING THIS WEEK.
3. Preston, Loni, Martha, Larry to bank. Larry & Martha file updates to SOS including registered agent, change of address and annual filing. - IRS filings complete – TASK NOT COMPLETE, MOTION TO HOLD EXECUTIVE MEETING TO DISCUSS PERSONAL BOARD BUSINESS. RON MOTIONS, STEPHANIE 2NDS, NO OBJECTIONS.
4. Marketing - review grant application for marketing specs - start working on PrideFest marketing material.
5. Limo service & flag vendor for Pride - Discuss
3 . New Business
1. Next Meeting date and time – APRIL 3, 2022 AT 6:30PM.
2. Other issues discussions:
0. Food vendor reimbursement - get with Patrick (Old School Smoking $50)
3. Floor Open