JOMO Pride Inc Pride Planning & Annual Board Meeting AgendaSun August 3rd 2022 @ 6:30pm
Blackthorn Pizza & Pub MINUTES SUBMITTED BY SECRETARY STEPHANIE MARSH.
Sign-in & Speaking Requests Form
Call to Order
Roll Call – Approve Quorum
Board Members - ron, loni, Lydia, Johnny, Heather, Preston, Kam, Stephanie(via phone Ashley, TJ)
Others in attendance – Sara Hearts
Approval of Board Minutes July 13th – Ron Motions, no objections
Approval of Board Agenda August 3rd – Ron Motions, no objects
1. Reports of Officers
Co-Chair - event Insurance –Prepared and presented Road Closures for Saturdays events. Finalizing later this week.
Co-Chair – Still in contact to offer Ivy’s band a spot during PRIDE. The price Ivy offered is out the budget for the board but Ivy is willing to work out a price that will satisfy both parties. Discuss money details later in the meeting. for hour. Is willing to negotiate on price for 30-minute set.
Treasurer – $18,006.91 after the remaining paypal is transferred later in the week.
Secretary – no reports
Sponsorship – More sponsorship paid fees this week: Flora Farms $750, Mo’s Holloman $250, Emergency meds $500, liberty Electic $750
Vendor – vacant
Entertainment Director – got spreadsheet for entertainment for PRIDE
Asst. Entertainment Director – double checking with entertainers for hosting duties
Marketing – designing the fan for PRIDE -- need final logos to add to fan and finalize schedule.
Media- updating event details, and making posts promoting PRIDE
At Large – discuss Court for hotel cover during the PRIDE. The courts contract does not include Hotel coverage for JOMO PRIDE Events. Boards discussing add PRIDE events over-night stay for Royal Court for 2023. But court will be responsible for paying upfront and receive reimbursement for liability reasons.
Ron motions for board to look into AirBnB options for pride, board will pay for it. No objections: 8 yay’s, 0 nay’s
Guest Speaker - Vance/KOAM -- Vance is unable to attend meeting. Stephanie, who employed with KOAM/FOX14 explains process of PSA (Public Service Announcement). Secretary is writing script. Board confirms with KOAM time and location; KOAM Studios – Pittsburg, Wednesday August 10th, at 3:30pm. Secretary is looking through video and photos to send to editors. Shoot set up with KOAM for Wednesday Morning.
2. Unfinished Business
1. KOAM – Sponsorship – PSA for 30 sec, 15 sec taping Aug 10, 2022.
2. Final Pride Fundraiser - Aug 13th – Blackthorn
1. Eva's injury – healed and ready to go
2. Silent auction - round up items – Johnny Is collecting items for Auction.
3. Volunteers – Ashley working on volunteer list – Stephanie to host, Lydia and Loni auction,
4. Payout – 3 title holders 100, 75 for sound, and 75 Shayna
5. Photoshoot the day of – Photographer in direct contact with Royal Court. pending attendance from all titleholders. --
6. Motion for $225 in funds for photoshoot. -- no objections
7. Share & invite INVITE INVITE INVITE INVITE!!!
3. Open board positions available -
1. Bylaws need amended to reflect split in Media/Marketing – no date set
2. temporary vendor director – Kelce, volunteers for vender for PRIDE event. Google drive, vendor
4. Pridefest -
1. Pride budget/funds review – Rons motions, approves
2. Official pride calendar review - & approval – Ron motions, board approves
3. Approval of musicians;
1. Discuss Mixtapes
2. Maddie Joy - 1 hr - $150
3. Crystal Leah Hope - 30 min $100
4. Vagabond Grove - 1 hr $150
5. My Ancestors - 30 min $100
4. Review & approve drag entertainment lineup and fees – Ron motions, approves
1. Call for volunteers - schedule volunteer orientation meeting to coincide with board meeting two weeks/one week prior
1. Contact Pepsi., Benson needs to contact Pepsi
2. September 9th – event at locker room from 5pm-9pm – preliminary, motions ron, kam, Lydia, loni, heather, preston
1. Discuss – SOLIDIFY
3. September 10th -
1. Street festival 11a-9pm, road closure 6a-11p
3. Meet & Greet with Crystal Methyd & SAINT 6pm
1. Create flyer when finalized - discuss breakdown
2. Approval of Blackthorn
3. 3 minute segments? max 4 people per segment? First come first serve? 20-25 a piece?
4. Night time activities after street festival closes - Joplin Ave - Whiskeys and Blackthorn MOTION TO CUT SATURDAY NIGHT PERFORMANCE FOR SEPARATE GROUP TO PERFORM.
1. Discuss breakdown and shows
4. September 11th -
1. Drag Brunch - Chaos
1. Discuss food options - get with chaos/invite to next meeting – Looking into sponsor to carter brunch. – found during meeting
2. Pride In the Park - Landreth
2. Discuss free bingo --
3. Locker Room - discuss activities
4. ALL OTHER ITEMS ON AGENDA MOVED TO NEXT MEETING.
5. Approval of share giveaway & graphic -
6. Marketing/promotional materials needed:
1. Event banner with sponsor logos 4ft x 10 - in works
2. Adam & eve stage banner - in works
3. Event flyer - recognize Adam & eve in main flyer
4. Meet & Greet Event flier, rules & specs - push out
5. T-shirts - start artwork, need to get count of sponsor shirts and discuss how many of an overage we want - vista
6. On-site posters - vista - sponsor logos - in works
7. Hand fans - 24hr wristbands - logos on one side, itenerary on the other
8. Need to have everything ready to submit to print by next meeting.
7. Road closure drop off complete - schedule drop off
8. Mr Gay America contract review and approval - has offered to do another number in a pm show during pride.
1. Advancement of travel stipend electronically
9. Vendor duties
1. packet to go out - collect emails for email blast.
2. Make sure vendor logs are updated properly
3. Food vendor email to go out with health department
10.Posting event page, flyers, reminders, sponsors frequently leading up to pride
11.Need to order 6 more poled and 6 new flags for street
13.Call city to get additional trash cans on site
14.FB - pause ad (might make us delete and start again) update event page info and restart add with same targeted demographics outside 70mi radius - also include locally to push viewership
1. Current ads running we get
15.Website needs -
1. Cut off applications
2. Post new sponsor graphic & update sponsor page to 2022
3. Add rainbow & corporate sponsors to LGBTQ directory per sponsorship exchange
16.Reimbursements for grant
1. Gayly $520 needs payed -
1. Get signed proof of transaction from bank after
2. Boom media $300 payment - get signed contract/proof of transaction from bank
3. Get receipts from bank (signed) from us paying Facebook ads(there will be many) for June, July & August - $200 will be reimbursed
17.Motion - add $50 - $75 fb/ig ad set boost for event page.
18.Make contact with hotels, let them know about event, and ask if we can usher rooms to them during pridefest, inform of us using hotel code, also inform of call backs after event to tally rooms for impact study. - assistance needed!
19.Create survey form for pride - make sure we get an email this time
1. October - Monster Ball
1. Headliner ideas?
3 . New Business
1. Next Meeting dates; -- Aug 10, 2022
2. Speaker Requests
3. Floor Open to Board