JOMO Pride Inc Pride Planning & Annual Board Meeting Agenda
Sun Feb. 27th, 2022 @ 6pm
Submitted by Secretary: Stephanie Marsh
Call to Order
Roll Call – Approve Quorum
Board Members – In person – Lydia, Preston, Johnny, Stephanie, Heather, Ron, Ashley, Loni; By Phone-Larry, Martha
Others in attendance – Remi
Approval of Board Minutes Jan 30th- Loni motions, no objections
Approval of Board Agenda Feb 7th – Loni motions, no objections
1. Reports of Officers and Committees
Co-Chair - Ron
Co-Chair – Loni. – Larry needs to make an appointment with Bank to add Preston and Martha to bank account. Martha needs to get IRS report completed.
Treasurer – Total Balance = 4,288.21
Secretary – no reports
Vendor – 7 to 8 vendors confirmed for PRIDE, 1 food vendor. Still need more vendors.
Entertainment Director – Misty Meanor has a check from last year, they never cashed, would like new check issues or payment sent through direct cash app. Board approves.
Asst. Entertainment Director -
Marketing - communicating with venues for future events.
At Large -
Guest Speakers – no guest speakers
2. Unfinished Business
1. Queer Revival - Total costs for Revival estimated. Board would help promote event but Queer Revival organizers would take care of event. Board may have to cover some costs.
2. Valentine's Show recap – Show fundraiser success, making $1016 profit from tips, entry fee, raffle, and silent auction. There was confusion using wristbands, but overall want to continue using wristbands for entry into JOMO PRIDE fundraisers. Discussed the need for more marketing after events to show community what they are supporting.
3. 2022 schedule -
1. March - Sensory friendly show – Loni motions to cancel March event due nothing set and no location or date confirmed. Too close to promote event in timely manner. No objections.
2. April –
1. Solidify date – Preston in contact with Choas for possible dates available in April for Bingo. 2
2. Performers – Asking local Drag performers to host and/or perform. Lydia is contacting Misty Meanor and Shayna Towers.
3. Order bingo cards, daubers – confirmed that Larry is to order cards and daubers
3. May -
1. Carrington Pride Takeover Fundraiser – still looking to confirm location and date. Moved to next meeting
2. Possible chili cook off – emailing Lori Haun with Downtown Alliance about teaming up with Empire Market to host Chili Cookoff in May. We would use their facility. Moved to next meeting.
1. Pride Pageant - Wilders or Locker Room –
1. Issues resolved -- Wilders is no longer available for any events. Still looking at Locker Room, but looking for back up in case LR is not open at that time. Calling other event center venues for opportunities. Moved to next meeting.
2. Possible Judges; Devion Mornett – still discussing potential judges for event
3. Theme: Bringing Back tha Funk - tribute to the 70's & 80's. -- confirmed
4. Proposed Date Sun June 12th – may have conflict with Pittsburg PRIDE Events. In communication with Pitt PRIDE organizers.
2. Drag Revue show – discussing moving to August. date and location to be determined. Moved to Next meeting.
2. July -
1. Drag Bingo – no date confirmed, entertainment director contact Mel with Blackthorn. – moved to next meeting
2. Final fundraiser -- discussing moving to August. date and location to be determined. Moved to Next meeting.
3. September – CONTINUED DISCUSSIONS
1. PRIDEfest Sept 9th - 11th – continued discussions; moved to next meeting
2. September 9th -
1. Queer Revival location tbd – Moved to next meeting
2. Meet & Greet at Locker Room – move to next meeting, due to no set opening date for Locker Room.
3. September 10th – moved to next meeting
1. PrideFest Street Fair - Joplin Ave
2. Meet & Greet with Crystal Methyd in between mainstage drag sections - per Queendom Talent – confirmed. Still discussing details for meet and greet, time frames of meet and greets and expectations for participates.
3. Night time activities after street festival closes - Joplin Ave
4. September 11th – moved to next meeting
1. Drag Brunch - location tbd
2. Pride In the Park - Landreth
3. Finale Show - location tbd
4. October - Monster Ball - October 29th -- entertainment to contact Blackthorn to confirm date.
1. Lookout for headliners for 2023 - for grant purposes - Music/drag headliners and guest Speakers. – continued discussions and suggestions for entertainers/headliners.
2. Receipt for $450 GAYLY Payment - Ron to bring receipt to CVB
3. Preston, Loni, Martha, Larry to bank. Larry & Martha file updates to SOS including registered agent, change of address and annual filing. - IRS filings complete – Larry to make appointment following week with bank to get Martha and Preston added to bank account.
4. Marketing - review grant application for marketing specs - start working on PrideFest marketing material.
5. All Board members are to share and promote our fundraisers and events on their personal page, for every event. – Done, board agrees.
6. MOTION - $100 ad to run on PrideFest event page over the next 60days. Ron motions, Stephanie asks for analytics on paying facebook for ads to see benefits, she is added to JOMO Pride Facebook Page as admin to look at numbers. No objections.
3 . New Business
1. Next Meeting date and time - March 13th confrmed
2. Other issues discussions:
1. Food vendor reimbursement for overpayment - reimburse $50 - get with Patrick.
2. Vendor Dir - make sure you are only reaching out to vendors. Not sponsors who have sponsored in the past or prospective sponsors. Also let Preston engage with owners of Chaos.
3. Floor Open - - Stephanie asked Marketing about partnering with storage facility to hold all JOMO Pride decorations or event items. Marketing to give update at next meeting.