January 11, 2022 Minutes
JOMO Pride Inc Pride Planning & Annual Board Meeting Minutes
Sun Jan 11, 2022
Virtual – Google Meeting
Submitted by Secretary Stephanie Marsh
Call to Order
Roll Call – Approve Quorum
Board Members - Martha, Johnny, Ashley, Ron, Lydia, Preston, Kim, Stephanie (8/9 constitutes quorum)
Others in attendance –
Approval of Board Minutes Dec 19th -
Approval of Board Agenda Jan 16th -
1. Reports of Officers and Committees
Sponsorship – Sponsors can begin to submit
Vendor – Vendors can begin to apply for PRIDE
Entertainment Director – working on entertainer policy, set to present at next meeting Jan 30.
Asst. Entertainment Director -
At Large - Vacant
2. Unfinished Business
A. Queer Revival –
1. Tentative costs $5,000.00, still in discussions and research
2. Rolled to next meeting
B. Open Board Positions - positions still available
. At Large
Heather Marsh nominates herself, She will be present at next meeting to confirm position
C.New Years Eve Bash –
1. Funds raised— $100 in the red after event
2. Further discussion – Board discusses future options for NYE Bash to become more profitable.
3. Due to NYE outcome, Ron motions to cancel Joplin’s Got Talent for the reminder of year. Loni 2nd’s motion, all in favor.
D. Committees – Assistance needed with sponsorship committee/donations.
1. Ron and Johnny will make a list of businesses to contact with the help of Loni. Members of the board will help contact business once list is complete.
a. Entertainment Committee
1.Entertainment committee working on draft entertainment policy. policy purpose is to make clear agreement between JOME PRIDE and entertainer.
i. Gather possible event dates
ii. Pageant - theme needs to be decided by titleholders
Motion by Preston to set deadline for titleholders to present theme to board. Johnny 2nd’s motion; Motion passes unanimous.
2022 schedule -
Feb 12th - Blackthorn Valentine's Show-
1.Performer list - Tania Carrington, Vincent Van Ross, Remi Storm, Missie Maxim, Enertia, Maxine Knopf - discuss fees
A. 2 Performers dropped, discussed other options.
MOTION - $50-$75 fb ad to run until day before event
MOTION BY RON: UNANIMOUS BY BOARD
1. Volunteers -
1. Silent Auction (2) - with card reader/bank box/bank
2. Door (2)
3. General volunteer (2)
2. Silent Auction items needed - please help solicit
3. Will need members to pick up everything needed from Ron & John before the 8th
4. Solicitation document needs updated in drive.
5. Release flyer
D.March - Joplin's Got Talent Round 1 – Discuss canceling entire event.
a. RON MOTIONS: UNANIMOUS VOTE
iii. Joplin Avenue Coffee - Autumn said she can do any date needed right now
iv. BOARD WILL REACH OUT TO JOPLIN AVENUE COFFEE TO CHANGE DATES FOR ANOTHER FUNDRAISER DUE TO BOARD VOTING TO CANCEL JOPLIN’S GOT TALENT FOR REMAINDER OF YEAR.
v. Drag Bingo - Locker Room—LOCKER ROOM STILL DOES NOT HAVE A FINAL OPENING DATE. DATE FOR APRIL DRAG BINGO NOT SET. LOOKING AT OTHER OPTIONS.
vi. Carrington Pride Takeover Fundraiser Show -
b. May -
. Joplin's Got Talent Round 2 – CANCELED. DISCUSSING OTHER FUNDRAISING OPTIONS. NO ACTION TAKEN.
1. Whisky Dick's
2. Contact Jake for Dates
i. Possible chili cook-off – ROLLED OVER TO NEXT MEETING
. Blackthorn - Joplin's Got Talent Round – CANCELED.
i. Pride Pageant - wilders
1. Discuss issues with Wilders - Entertainment Directors please double check with Marsha. DISCUSSING OTHER OPTIONS DUE TO EQUIPMENT NEEDED AT WILDERS LOCATION.
2. Possible Judge Devion mornett. LOOKING FOR OTHER POTENTIAL JUDGES FOR PRIDE PAGEANT.
ii. Drag Revue show - Locker Room. DATE NOT FINALIZED DUE TO UNKNOWN OPENING DATE OF LOCATION.
d. July -
. Drag Bingo
2. All ages - transmit video into front room for this event – DISCUSSING VIDEO OPTIONS FOR VIDEO IN FRONT ROOM. ALSO DISCUSSING OTHER LOCATIONS BUILT FOR LARGE CROWDS.
e. August -
. Joplin's Got Talent Finale – CANCELED. DISCUSSING OTHER FUNDRAISING OPTIONS FOR AUGUST.
1. Wilders possibly with food truck
2. Date - Wilders open in August
f. September -
. PRIDEfest Sept 9th - 11th
g. October - Monster Ball – Discuss. NO VOTE TAKEN, BOARD AGREES TO MOVE FORWARD WITH PLANNING A MONSTER BALL.
C. Lookout for headliners for 2023 - for grant purposes
D. Letter to IRS & bank is finished - preston, Loni, Martha, Larry to bank. Larry & Martha file updates to IRS and 2020 and 2021 990
3 . New Business
A. Next Meeting date and time – JANUARY 30TH, IN PERSON OR VITUAL, WILL BE DETERMINED 24 HOURS BEFORE MEETING.
B. Board storage unit - possible sponsorship exchange – ROLL OVER TO NEXT MEETING
C. Website - Sponsor/Vendor applications are live. Please share.
a. Sponsorship Director to log sponsorships as they come in, in spreadsheet. Contact applicants as they come in to greet them and ask for them to send you the logo or artwork they’d like us to promote them with.
b. Vendor Director to log vendors as they come in, in spreadsheet.- contact food trucks to apply.
Leave a Reply.