JOMO Pride Inc Pride Planning & Board Meeting Agenda
Sun Sept. 19th, 2021 @ 6pm
In-person Blackthorn Pizza & Pub
Submitted by Co-Chairs
Call to Order
Roll Call – Approve Quorum
Board Members - Ron , Larry, Lydia, Preston, Taryn, Loni, Stephan, Johnny and Ashley.
Others in attendance – Tania and Remi
Approve Board Minutes August 22nd- Approved no objections
Approve Board Agenda for September 19th – Approved no objections
1. Reports of Officers and Committees
Co-Chair - grant
Co-Chair – nothing new
Treasurer – Bank account - $1924.20
Secretary – nothing new
Sponsorship – not in attendance
Vendor – not in attendance
Entertainment Director – Line up
Asst. Entertainment Director -none
Volunteer – not in attendance
Marketing – not in attendance
2. Unfinished Business
A. PrideFest Aug 28th - 29th
· Recap – To have one park show next year. To have volunteers for one job duty and to have more help. Go a different direction with the walkies. Start advertising earlier and in different avenues.
B. Grant -
· 850 left in reimbursements left to submit.
· Met with JCVB
o Discussed nighttime parade and meeting with city heads - Sept 25th is homecoming parade. Were supposed to be on hand to see how they do it. Taryn and Loni will attend.
o CVB survey to put on our Facebook
o Collect email addresses with surveys next year
o Trash issues - more trash cans
o Additional marketing funds available if we want to promote pride early. Get with GAYLY & Patrick
C. OCT 22nd Halloween Drag Ball
· Solidify performer list/approve booking fees.
· Decorations are secured
· Costume contest prizes/categories
· Flyer for Talent portion, flyer for main event – Preston to work on
· Door cover during talent portion, door cover during Monster Ball, Contestant fee ($5 or $10) and does winner take the contestant pot? - suggest door cover is $5 during beginning of talent portion as an early bird but moves to $10 after a certain point.
o 2 - door
o 2 - silent auction (3 during checkout)
o Stage assistant
o 1 general volunteer - 50/50 raffle helper
o Judges – Mel, Steve and Dustin
E. Marketing -
· Flyer for Talent Qualifier for Monster Ball
· Flyer for Monster Ball
· Revamp to tspring merch
· Marketing efforts with chamber (below)
F. Chamber Meeting & marketing efforts
G. Committees - (Outreach, Sponsorship, Entertainment) - amend bylaws to reflect motion: Motion to allow up to 9 community members to sit on a committee instead of 5, with the addition of a board member who shall chair it. Committee not to be comprised of more than half drag performers. Should meet once a month by phone, video or in person, keep notes of each meeting, votes & final decisions of committee - submit to board for final approval & feedback. Solicit for community members for committees. To take notes during these meetings.
I. Treasurer Duties - need letter for IRS change of address, need CPA, rectify balance sheet with bank account file 990 tax for Crystal Methyd 1,500, Good Deeds Network Check
K. Date for Nov. Annual Meeting & Bylaw Review
· 2-3 qualifying rounds and 1 final
· Winner of each round takes contestant fees, advances to final, winner gets paid booking during mainstage at PrideFest.
· Any talent & all ages
· Contestant fee: $10
· If you lose in a previous round you must repay the contestant fee in another round and win to qualify
· 3 judges - 1 pride, 1 host establishment and 1?
· Door cover $5 (funds to PrideFest)
· Blackthorn, whisky Dick's, Locker Room, Flicker or JACC (different venue each round)
M. Photographer - additional funds - $250 – VOTE – Passed, no objections
N. Reimbursements -
O. 2022 fundraiser month schedule
· Feb - Drag Show Fundraiser – Remi Valentine’s Day show
· Mar - JGT – Round 1
· April - Drag Bingo Fundraiser – JGT Round 2
· May – JGT Finale
· June - Pageant
· July - Drag Bingo
· August - Pride Idol Finale
· September - Pride
· Discuss & vote
P. New Year’s Eve Bash - Dec 31st
Q. Website - update all application buttons/pricing, pictures to pageant page, pictures to PrideFest page (including prelim info for next year).
R. MX Regent Category - Pride Pageant - Discuss & Vote – Non-binary category approved
3. New Business
A. Next Meeting date and time – October 3rd, 6pm
Leave a Reply.