JOMO Pride Inc Pride Planning & Board Meeting Agenda
Thur. June 24th , 2021 @ 6pm
In-person Blackthorn Pizza & Pub
Submitted by Co-Chairs: Ron & Loni
Call to Order
Roll Call – Approve Quorum
Board Members – Ron, Ashley, Loni, Taryn, Hailey, Larry, Johnny (phone)
Others in attendance – Shayna, Preston, Natalie, Sadie, Ashley, Lydia
Approve Board Minutes June 10th – approved with no objections
Approve Board Agenda for June 24th – approved with no objections
1. Reports of Officers and Committees
Co-Chair – Agenda items
Co-Chair – Agenda items
Treasurer - $14,825.00
Secretary - None
Sponsorship – We are not accepting additional sponsorships- exact number and sponsor names will be shared at the next meeting
Volunteer – Ashley provided list of volunteers for pageant: Johnny, Larry, Hailey, Loni, Taryn, Ron, Ashley
Media - absent
Marketing – none
Vendor – position vacant
At-Large – position vacant
Guest Speaker(s) - none
2. Unfinished Business
A. Pageant - June 26th
· Setup time June 25th - 5:00pm before 10:00pm
· Check to Marsha/Wilders $300 wrote - to deliver before pageant
· Shayna - Queen crown, King Crown, Jewelry set, stage
· Category certificates finished need to print and frame
· Contestants check in from 12:30p-2:30p. Contestants checking in after 2:30pm will receive a point deduction. Contestants cannot check in after 3pm.
· Doors open for seating at 3pm, Pageant starts at 4pm.
· Judges solidified – Dunkin Dame, Misty Meanor, Mel
· Solidify Special Entertainment – Ruby, Autumn, Shayna, Stephan, Betty, Misty
· Volunteers - 2 Door, 3 Silent Auction, 1 general volunteer, 1 stage/performer/ent. Dir. asst. (7)
· Sashes were sent to wrong address in Springfield. They picked them up and resent them to Victoria – Shayna will get with Victoria
· Share event page and invite friends like crazy, reach out to performers in area again.
· Judges contract - discuss & vote Shayna has not yet mentioned contract to the judges- she would like to present the contract to them make copies of the contract
· Betty gables is able to jump in, in case of something happens motion passes
· Bank & $1 bills – Ron and Larry to withdraw $250 in 1’s for tip dollar exchange for guests
· ADA section – following protocol
B. PrideFest Aug 28th - 29th (Rollover to next meeting) – Did not discuss during meeting
· Logistics for Day 2 check in/setup/breakdown need to be worked out
· Meeting with City for stage/logistics pending
· Working on event insurance application (IMMEDIATE NEED - Provide to city and Joplin CVB - discuss with Probert outside sitting area for blackthorn where alcohol consumption is allowed)
· Marketing/promotional materials needed: Mainstage banner (artwork provided by Bodegas in email), Jomo Pride March banner, hand fans, sandwich board itinerary/sponsor posters (2 of each), PrideFest flyer, event shirts
· Update on food trucks - 2 food day 1, 1 sweet // 1 food day 2 1 sweet.
· Green Room for headliners/Drag Dressing area - Mel said it was okay to use the back of Blackthorn, JACC said it is okay to also use the back room of JACC
· On-street dressing trailer- Shayna - If electric needed we can get a generator
· Add Mens Choir of the Ozarks in lineup and update event page
C. Drag fundraiser - July 24th - All Ages
· Start time 6 or 7? - No objections to 7:00pm
· Turnabout portion - Ron with JOMO Pride Board, Shonte with Chamber EDI, Isaac with Arvest Bank, Whitney with COJ
· Stephan to help coordinate/discuss performers to reach out to (New titleholders as well) DJ Beefcake may also perform.
D. Grant submitted. Requesting $7,187 in grant funds, total 2022 budget 15,200. Grant Presentation to board in July.
E. Marketing -
· PrideFest Flyer (to be approved by visitors bureau, provided to Probert insurance)
· Event shirts (logo on front, sponsors on back) Custom Ink - start around end of July - run through mid-August, or start in mid-July run until 1st week of august then run again until last week of august?
· Stage banner - Bodegas - have Clint resubmit logo
· March/event banner w/sponsor logos
· Promotional hand fans
· Teespring merch revamp - pull Shayna’s photos of merch per her request - Marketing to sign in pull old event products as well.
F. Treasurer -
· Loni: Cc to hotel, FMH paid, ad for pageant, ad for JOMO pride page, ad for PrideFest, cc to GAYLY, cc to outvoices, cc to boom(playing phone tag) , third Thursday Booth June and August paid, paid TJ for logos, paid for sashes, reimbursement paid to John and Ron,
· call Missouri and get update from State Use Tax Exemption to see if it's been filed
· Hire CPA – before the big payments go out
· Carey to handover all Pride material
· Larry to sign Carey off account Larry has done it and secure new checks.
G. National Anthem singer - John to confirm later
H. Open positions
· Asst. Entertainment Director Lydia nominated and confirmed with no objections
· Vendor Director Hailey motions to move to vendor and have Preston move to marketing director – motion approved no objections
· At large member - Vacant, board asked to consider others to fill position
· Entertainment Director - Shayna to take position, motion to go into affect July 8th – Motion passes, no objections
· Board must donate their time and may not get paid for their work, only reimbursed for approved expenses required for operation. If we pay a board member they are no longer a volunteer member but an employee with payroll tax deductions.
3 . New Business
A. Next Meeting date and time - July 8th - Blackthorn Pizza & Pub - 6pm - no objections
Leave a Reply.