JOMO Pride Inc Pride Planning & Annual Board Meeting Minutes
Sun May 29th 2022 @ 630pm – submitted by Secretary Stephanie Marsh
Call to Order
Roll Call – Approve Quorum
Board Members – Ron, Johnny Ashley, Loni, Preston, Lydia, Stephanie, Kam, Heather
Others in attendance -
Approval of Board Minutes May 15th - motion to amend minutes to not only reflect the vote of who was voted in as treasurer but who all is to remain on the account: Loni, Preston and now Lydia. - to reconcile with the bank the specifics -- Ron Motions, no objections. Secretary is to amend previous meeting minutes to reflect change.
Approval of Board Agenda May 29th – Ron Motions, no objections
1. Reports of Officers and Committees -
Co-Chair - grants in progress. Grant writing process to be complete within the next week to submit and present before necessary tourism boards. Once complete it will be available for the board to critique and change if needed.
Co-Chair – Loni is assisting Ron with Grant applications.
Treasurer – No Report
Secretary – No Report
Sponsorship – No Report
Vendor – No Report
Entertainment Director – Contestant contracts complete for upcoming Pageant. Presented to the board through messenger.
Asst. Entertainment Director –
Volunteer – need further conversations about upcoming pageant, volunteers available, and duties.
Marketing – Asking for Board members availability for media interview at KOAM.
At Large – No Report
Guest Speakers - none
2. Unfinished Business
1. 2022 schedule -
0. Pride Pageant - Locker Room - June 12th
0. Themed decor? – Bring back da Funk, Stephanie found balloons that match theme. Loni motions for board to purchase balloons on the spot, no objections.
1. Finalize & vote on updated contract – Preston motions, Loni 2nd ; no objections. Board is posting contract to JOMO Pride website/social immediately.
2. Judging and scoring sheets – Complete.
3. Category awards – Ron is updating awards. Tania is also presenting awards as outgoing JOMO Pride Queen.
4. Pictures of jewelery, crowns and sashes – Pictures are to be posted periodically leading up to the pageant.
5. Check on jewelery –Ron reports jewelry is in the mail and expected to arrive prior to the pageant
6. Promote pageant sponsor leading up to event – Ron to promote Hustle Business Support LLC.
7. Capacity issues & restriction on dressers, assistants, and dancers. Jomo staff to assist.
8. Need detailed list of how many bodies day of – did not complete at meeting
9. Venue working to make event all ages to enter with city - to update -- At time of meeting, location of Pageant, Locker Room is not able to allow anyone under 21. The entry for JOMO Pride Pageant must be 21 and up.
10.Photography – board members to look into paid photographers to take photos during and after the pageant. Board members must present potential candidates for the job to the entire board before approval.
12.Items for silent auction – Johnny currently collecting items for silent auction
13.Walkthrough at venue – Board members to talk a full walk through of the JOMO Pride Pageant venue, Locker Room, located 2331 E 7th St, Joplin.
1. July -
0. Fundraiser - Christmas in July, tentatively set for July 31st. Kam is checking with Whiskey Dicks for availability. Further discussions, moved to next meeting.
1. August – Move to next meeting
0. Final fundraiser
1. September -
0. PRIDEfest Sept 9th - 11th
1. Fb ad June/july/aug – Ron motions, no objections
2. September 9th -
0. Meet & Greet – Still working out details, discussions cont’d to next meeting.
1. Locker Room dance party Glo Party – discussions cont’d to next meeting
3. September 10th -
0. PrideFest Street Fair - Joplin Ave – 11:00a.m. start time, ending at 9:00p.m..
1. Meet & Greet with Crystal Methyd – Discussions cont’d to next meeting
2. Night time activities after street festival closes - Joplin Ave - Whisky's and Blackthorn -- Discussions cont’d to next meeting
4. September 11th -
0. Drag Brunch - location tbd – No venue set, checking with Chaos. Further discussions cont’d to next meeting
1. Pride In the Park – Landreth -- Further discussions cont’d to next meeting
2. Locker Room – moved to next meeting
1. October - Monster Ball - October 29th – Blackthorn - Move to next meeting
2. Treasurer - need minutes and letterhead, meet @ bank to switch, update records with SOS & file report, update records with irs – Secretary is to make amended changes to reflect board meeting details.
3. Increase promotion of Sponsorship packages – promote, promote, promote.
4. Grant specs 2022 - Ron, Preston, Loni working on finalizing grants.
0. Boom/Gayle ads for July/Aug needs rendered in time and sent to CVB for approval then to media sources
1. Addition 5-6k grant available for this year - discuss options & vote – Board members presented several candidates through an entertainment agency. Board approves Utica and Saint.
2. Ad for fb page in June and targeted ads on FB event page june-july.
5. Grant for 2023 - Ron completing this week.
0. Deadline 1st week of June
1. Discuss headliner options and supplemental grant requests
6. Requested agenda item - Stephanie moved from previous meeting. – Secretary reminds Boards of sunshine act. No action taken.
7. Flight & travel discussions for Crystal Methyd. All booked and Finalized.
8. MGA booked a pageant instead of coming to Pride - no longer available
0. Notify CVB
1. Discuss – Board looking at other possibilities. Further discussions cont’d to next meeting.
9. Discussion of splitting up Media/Market -- Discussed, no action taken.
3 . New Business
1. Next Meeting date and time – Wed June15th at 6:30pm at Blackthorn.
2. Floor Open
Leave a Reply.