JOMO Pride Inc Pride Planning & Annual Board Meeting Agenda -- MINUTES
Sun July 13h 2022 @ 6:30pm
Blackthorn Pizza & Pub MINUTES SUBMITTED BY SECRETARY STEPHANIE MARSH 7/20/22.
Sign-in & Speaking Requests Form
Call to Order
Roll Call – Approve Quorumn
Board Members – Kam, Preston, Heather, Johnny, Loni, Stephanie, Tj, Ron, Lydia, Ashley
Others in attendance – Natalie Murray EQ
Motion sustained in Board chat for closed Board Meeting July 13th 6pm-630pm, 30 minutes prior to Pride Planning & official board meeting - reflect in minutes – BOARD MOVES INTO A 30 MINUTE CLOSED SESSION TO DISCUSS PRIVATE MATTERS -- NO ACTION TAKEN
Approval of Board Minutes June 29th - Ron motions, no objections
Approval of Board Agenda July 13h – Ron Motions, no objections
1. Reports of Officers
Co-Chair - grant presentation in progress July 26 @4:05pm for Advisory Board, event insurance in progress
Co-Chair - Ivy with Ivys – need a timeframe for them to play, how much is the cost? We need them by 6:30pm before the headliners – allow time for costume contest. The headliners will perform 2 numbers a piece, each in the last shows. Loni is asking Ivys cost for an hour of performance.
Treasurer – Annual report filed with IR@ cost $16.25 cent, 14609.35
Secretary – No reports
Sponsorship – No reports
Vendor – VACANT
Entertainment Director – No report
Asst. Entertainment Director – Need to finalize the performer list for PRIDE.
Volunteer – Duties assigned for July 15th show, Event after that July 21 is 3rd Thursday.
Marketing – No report
Media- Community calendar in the works; plan to begin promoting Aug 13th show
At Large – No report
2. Unfinished Business
1. Complaints/issues - discuss
1. Venue issues – discussed in closed session – educational awareness; Natalie Murray with JOMO EQ would like to partner with JOMO Pride for fundraisers. Due to the amount of fundraisers the JOMO Pride hosts a year, jomo eq would a partnership.
2. Titleholder conduct discussion – Refrain from arguments on social media; in the contract you can go out for another title in another city;
3. Sharing & promoting – need everyone to share and event
2. Open board positions available – Lydia is stepping in as assistant entertainment position while filing in as full time treasurer; Vender position open board is considering Stephanie, secretary for position.
1. Bylaws need amended to reflect split in Media/Marketing -- no date set
3. 2022 schedule -
1. July - Chaos July 15th
1. Auction items – collecting
2. Volunteers – Ashley has assigned positions
3. 7-10 – Doors open at 6pm
4. Decorations – Ron & Johnny using personal Christmas decorations for show. Motion to approve spending $30 for Lydia purchasing candy and small toys for kids. – Ron motions, no objections.
5. Bank box, bs, $1/silent auction bank, card readers --
6. Setup - 3p – Ron, Ashley, Johnny
2. August - 13th, Blackthorn
1. Time – 7pm
2. Pride Revue Fundraiser Show - Eva, Sean, Sara, Shayna
3. Flyer & event page graphic
4. Event page up - needs event page graphic
3. September -
1. Pride Calendar in works -- Ron went over schedule
2. September 9th -
1. Meet & Greet 6
2. Locker Room dance party 9
3. Light vendors - 2 food/sweet trucks, up to 10 vendors including ourselves
3. September 10th -
1. PrideFest Street Fair - Joplin Ave 11a
2. Meet & Greet with Crystal Methyd & SAINT
1. Create flyer when finalized - discuss breakdown
3. Night time activities after street festival closes - Joplin Ave - Whiskeys and Blackthorn
1. Discuss breakdown
4. Road closure submitted 6am-11p
5. Festival time 11a-9pm.
6. MOTION TO MOVE REMAINDER ITEMS ON AGENDA TO NEXT MEETING DUE TO TIME – Stephanie Motions, No objections.
1. September 11th -
1. Drag Brunch - Chaos
1. Discuss options with food. Talk with owners.
2. Pride In the Park - Landreth
2. Musical segments, kids drag segment, main drag segment,
3. Could we do a free all ages bingo?
3. Locker Room
1. October - Monster Ball - October 29th - Blackthorn
1. Who will headline
2. Other entertainers
3. Monster Ball competition
1. Current winner - Patti LuBone
1. Treasurer updates progress
2. Grant specs 2022 -
1. Boom/Gayly ads approved - gayly needs paid - will get invoice
2. Will need to start collecting payment info/bank transaction records/initial payment methods etc for grant submission & reimbursement
3. Need to get with other hotels asap about keeping them up to date about our event and seeing if we can coordinate additional room stays with them – Johnny.. Ron will write up something
1. Need to track room stays
2. Need to call and meet hotels
4. Drawing for those who submit room invoices/receipts for pridefest for a comped room? --
5. Drawing for those who stay the night for pridefest for a free meet & greet if they submit receipts/invoices etc. --
6. Need to have everyone staying in a hotel let the hotel know they are staying for "pridefest", "jomo pridefest" etc. Need to be able to call and verify how many room nights at each hotel after pride.
4. Grant for 2023 -
1. Grant presentation July
5. Marketing -
1. Hand fans - calendar of events & sponsor logos
2. On site posters with sponsor logos/calendar of events
3. Tshirts - our logo/ sponsor logos on back
4. March/event banner with sponsor logos
5. Adam & Eve Mainstage banner 4x10ft with main sponsor logo
6. Community calendar we need to put pride on
1. Put pride 2023 on community calendars before grant meeting & update info on these calendars for 2022.
1. Four states Home page
6. Visit Joplin Mo - Done
1. Reimbursements -
3 . New Business
1. Next Meeting date and time – August 3, 2022 @6:30pm at Blackthorn.
2. Ron motions to allow titleholders into fundraisers event unless under special circumstances. – no objections.
3. Speaker Requests
4. Floor Open to Board