JOMO PRIDE BOARD MEETING MINUTES FILED BY SECRETARY STEPHANIE MARSH
SEPTEMBER 28, 2022
No formal agenda
Roll Call: Stephanie, Ron, Loni, Johnny, Kam, Lydia, Tj, Preston
No agenda from last meeting to approve
Minutes – Loni motions, no objections
Co-Chair – Grant reimbursement application process is complete for reimbursement of $6500. Need to complete grant for Community of the Ozarks, pertaining to Headliner Saint the Creator. Board needs to bring ideas for 2023 Headliner to work on next years grant.
Co-Chair: bank card had a fraud report, waiting to receive a new bank card. Treasurer has other card if needed.
Secretary: no report
Marketing: Completing Monster Ball flyers and Talent Show to promote
Media: Waiting on flyers for next event
Sponsor: no report
Vendor – vacant
Treasurer -- $4,514.93 total balance
Entertainment: Lineup complete
Line up complete
Details of Talent Show – One winner will be chosen with the help of 3 non biased judges. The winner will then perform an additional 2 to 3 sets depending on their talent.
Decorations— Board decides to create another photo booth board. Motions to spend $100 for monster ball. Loni will buy and build project. Other members
Monster Ball, motion for a $60 ad on facebook, Instagram ad from now until ball, silent auction
WEB issues and Concerns – the board is looking into other options of running the website for JOMO PRIDE. This comes after issues found before and during PRIDE that caused a delay in responding to time-sensitive matters. Loni has a contact that costs $23 a hour and understands web delevelopment and urgency in responding and fixing issues with site. Co-chairs will meet with potential person for futher details and report back to board before moving forward.
Recap of PRIDE:
Overall JOMO PRIDE 2022 was a successful. Issues that occurred for the most part occurred behind the scenes and did not effect anyone.
-Board needs to provide better structure and responsibilities to all board members during event.
-Board members are not allowed to be a participate in any PRIDE event. Must be available to work event if needed.
-More organization with small details.
-Sundays schedule needs more attention, felt a little thrown together.
-Too many people on headsets mics involving entertainment between stage and performances. Needs to limited to 2 people only at all times.
-Board to create a budget for headliners and entertainers for food and beverage purchase, so that board members are not paying and there a limit in which each performer can spend.
-Discuss hiring a security crew for peacekeeping between participates and protestors.
-Peacekeeping, consider a security crew for next week
-Board members should be not allowed to have booth of their own during PRIDE or fundraising events.
-Co-Chairs need to more tentative, when it comes to members completing tasks, and follow through with board members and their progress,
-November meeting where board will have elections for positions, board will also address bylaws.
-No ballads for drag performers on Sunday at the park.
-Clear communications during the brunch, people were turned away, or told to pay just to see the show
-Miles Long did not show on time for his slot, board had to alter lineup. He is not allowed to perform at nexts year PRIDE.
-U haul/storage unit – Tj is looking into prices and local options. He is to reach out to locations and ask about partnership.
-Performers need personal space before taking stage, keep a roped off area next to stage
Vote on next meeting Oct 12th @6:30, Oct 26th @6:30pm, Nov 13 @6:30pm Bylaws, Nov 20th annual meeting 6:30pm
Reimbursements for PRIDE out of purchases for PRIDE
Motion brought forth: Should board members be able to run for talent in competitions:
YES- Lydia, Tj
NO- Loni, Stephanie, Johnny
ABSTAIN- Kam, Preston, Ron