JOMO Pride Inc Pride Planning & Annual Board Meeting Minutes
Sun May 15th 2022 @ 630pm
Submitted by Secretary Stephanie Marsh
Call to Order
Roll Call – Stephanie, Lydia, Heather, Ron, Johnny, Larry, Ashley, Loni
Board Members - Stephanie, Lydia, Heather, Ron, Johnny, Larry, Ashley, Loni
Others in attendance -
Approval of Board Minutes April 24th – Ron motions to approve minutes at next meeting due to incompleteness. Note Secretary was not present at last meeting, Co-Chair Ron is handling minutes from meeting April 24, 2022.
Approval of Board Agenda May 15th – Approved, no objections.
1. Reports of Officers and Committees -
Co-Chair – No reports
Co-Chair – No Reports
Treasurer - VACANT
Secretary – No reports
Sponsorship - No reports
Vendor - No reports
Entertainment Director - No reports
Asst. Entertainment Director - No reports
Volunteer - No reports
Marketing - No reports
At Large - No reports
Guest Speakers - none
2. Unfinished Business
1. 2022 schedule -
0. May -
0. Carrington Pride Takeover Fundraiser – recap Many points discussed.
1. Board will clarify and plan auction duties prior to events. Entertainment directors to work with entertainers to make sure shows begin close to start time. Board will have more involvement in title holder showcases. Board also discusses moving entry table closer to event room especially for Blackthorn events due to its set up.
A. Chili cook off - MOTION TO POSTPONE
0. Pride Pageant - Locker Room - June 12th -- Entry fees discussed.
0. Judges – Discuss – Personal matters discussed and resolved. Judges Set Scrappy Legacy; Kitty Marie Legacy, Shayna Towers. Judges will also perform.
1. Host – Discuss – Katriana Dupree.
2. Theme – Bring back the Funk 70s/80s – Board discusses decorations for pageant and amount. Ron motions for $75 limit for decorations. Members will send ideas and items found to board messenger for approval prior to purchasing anything items.
3. Need contestant flyer and normal event flyer. Contestant flyer; prize package, theme, application fee, titles in pageant, times, locations, categories. – All information to be sent to Marketing – Preston. Rough draft due by Wednesday, final draft due by Friday.
4. Update contract & prize package – Entertainment directors finalizing contract.
5. Crowns sashes & jewelery ordered – Ron confirms items are ordered and awaiting delivery
6. Promote pageant sponsor leading up to event
7. Capacity issues & restriction on dressers, assistants, and dancers. Jomo staff to assist. – Board discusses wording for contestant forms which states any additional member of their party must pay entry fee.
1. July - OPEN
A Board Discusses Christmas in July Drag Show – Pending Date July 30th, Pending location Whiskey Dicks. – move to next meeting
1. August -
0. Final fundraiser - Pride Revue Show --- Checking with Blackthorn for availability on August 19th. – Move to next meeting
1. September – Continued Discussions, move to next meeting.
0. PRIDEfest Sept 9th - 11th
1. September 9th -
0. Queer Revival – tbd--no longer in discussions. No further discussion needed at this time.
1. Possible Glow Dance Party at Locker Room
2. Meet & Greet at Locker Room Move to next meeting.
2. September 10th -
0. PrideFest Street Fair - Joplin Ave
1. Meet & Greet with Crystal Methyd
2. Night time activities after street festival closes - Joplin Ave
3. September 11th -
0. Drag Brunch - location tbd – still looking for locations that could accommodate
1. Pride In the Park - Landreth
2. Finale Show - location tbd
1. October - Monster Ball - October 29th – Blackthorn – Move to next meeting
1. Treasurer position - VACANT – Discuss – Lydia volunteers to take position as well as entertainment position. No objections made from the board. Lydia A Billion is treasurer of the JOMO Pride Board as of May 15, 2022. AMENDED 5/31/22 Minutes reflect removing current board Larry McGhee from bank account, adding members Loni Smith, Preston Hamilton, and Lydia A Billion to the JOMO Pride bank account with Great Southern Bank.
2. Increase promotion of Sponsorship packages
3. Grant specs 2022 - review media packets
0. Addition 5-6k grant available for this year – discuss -- Ron is checking for availability of potential entertainers that would fit the grant. He will present prospects to board chat.
4. Grant for 2023 -
0. Deadline 1st week of June
5. Requested agenda item – Stephanie – moved to next meeting
3 . New Business
1. Next Meeting date and time - May 29,2022 @6:30pm
2. Floor Open – Larry is applying to have a booth at Miami Pride on June 19th.