June 29th meeting minutes
JOMO Pride Inc Pride Planning & Annual Board Meeting Agenda
Sun June 29th 2022 @ 630pm
Blackthorn Pizza & Pub
Minutes submitted by Secretary Stephanie Marsh
Sign-in & Speaking Requests Form
Call to Order 6:15pm
Roll Call – Approve Quorum
Board Members – Kam, Loni, Johnny, Ron, Ashley, Tj, Preston, Larry, Stephanie, Heather
Others in attendance – Remi, 3 others
Approval of Board Minutes June 15th – Ron motions, no objections
Approval of Board Agenda June 29th – Ron motions, no objections
1. Reports of Officers and Committees -
Co-Chair - grant presentation in progress - present at July meeting to JCVB, ad artwork for grant submitted and approved, submitted to GAYLY & BOOM, event insurance meeting-Probert, half of booking fee of SAINT paid including airfare, flight for Crystal Method Paid
Co-Chair – No reports
Treasurer – 14,358.86 in the account.
Secretary – No Report
Sponsorship – No Report
Vendor – No Report
Entertainment Director – Prelim entertainers for PRIDE
Asst. Entertainment Director -
Volunteer – No Report
Marketing – No Report
At Large – No Report
Media – No Report
2. Unfinished Business
1. Removal of Board Member – Issues to recall board member Larry McGee– Loni takes floor to address issues:
Ron makes motion to remove Larry McGee from JOMO Pride Board. -- Loni -yes; Johnny-no; Ashley Abstain; Kam yes; Lydia yes; TJ yes, Preston yes, Stephanie yes, Heather abstain, Ron abstain.
3. Other Complaints/issues – discuss – Locker Room issues regarding pageant including board member drinking at door(bar policy)– make sure communication is consistent with every business and venue if issues arise, business needs to address board as a whole and not reach out to individual board member. The business and venue can contact board through email, or attend a future board minute.
4. Titleholder photos – discuss -- Free photographer took better options and quality then paid photographer. Free photographer asks to be considered for future PRIDE Events and fundraisers.
5. Motion to utilize Chalea, Professional Photographer for Title Holder photos for upcoming shoot – Ron motions, no objections.
6. Motion to solicit bids for Photography for PRIDE Steph motions, no objections
7. 2022 schedule -
1. July - Chaos July 15th
1. Auction items being solicited – Johnny is working on gathering supplies for auction, also has left over items from last auction that did not sell.
2. Volunteers – Loni, Johnny, Ashley, Ron, Stephanie, Kam, TJ, Preston, Heather, Lydia. Ashley will work on volunteer list and duties for upcoming July 15th PRIDE Fundraiser.
3. Motion for event page ad FB & IG - $50 -- Please share, invited people, Ron motions, no objections
4. Decorations – bunch of Christmas stuff, Johnny and Ron plan to bring in decorations from their home décor. No extra costs needed for decorations.
2. August – 13th Saturday
1. Pride Revue Fundraiser Show - Eva, Sean, Sara, Shayna @Blackthorn
2. Flyer & event page graphic – Preston will create flyer, he and TJ will help promote on social and local media.
3. Motion for $50 event page ad to run starting on July 16th – Ron motions, no objections.
3. September -
1. Pride Calendar in works
2. September 9th -
1. Meet & Greet 6 --
2. Locker Room dance party 9
3. Light vendor & food truck possibilities
3. September 10th -
1. PrideFest Street Fair - Joplin Ave 11a
1. National anthem singer – Stephanie Marsh
2. Meet & Greet with Crystal Methyd & SAINT
1. Create flyer when finalized - discuss breakdown
3. Night time activities after street festival closes - Joplin Ave - Whisky's and Blackthorn
1. Discuss breakdown – Looking for entertainers and looking at 10pm for nighttime show
4. Road closure submitted 6am-11p
5. Festival time 11a-9pm.
6. Segments: Dream Theatre, Drag Musical, Midwest Regional Ballet, Drag segment 1-3,
2. Band - offer from BAM -- Ron motions to bring on band that perform at last Pride.
4. September 11th -
1. Drag Brunch – Choas agrees to board using their venue for Brunch; board needs to determine food since venue does not have breakfast food options.
2. Pride In the Park - Landreth
2. Discuss activities, musical segments, drag segments etc. – 1 large drag segment, and kids segment
3. Could we do a free all ages bingo? – question not answered
3. Locker Room
4. October - Monster Ball - October 29th – Blackthorn – Steph motions to move to next meeting – no objections.
1. Who will headline
2. Other entertainers
3. Monster Ball competition
1. Current winner - Patti LuBone
1. Treasurer - bank info updated, SOS info needs updated and annual report filed, records need updated with IRS - in progress
2. Grant specs 2022 -
1. Boom/Gayle ads approved
2. Ad for fb page in June active and targeted ads on FB event page june-july active.
3. Will need to start collecting payment info/bank transaction records/initial payment methods etc for grant submission & reimbursement
3. Grant for 2023 -
Third Thursday – July 21 & August 18th – application filed by Loni, $35 to reserve Motion by Steph ; no objections.
1. Next Meeting date and time – July 13th @6”:3o
2. Speaker Requests
3. Floor Open to Board
Leave a Reply.