JOMO Pride Inc Pride Planning/volunteer organizational, Board Meeting Agenda
October 12th @ 6:30pm
Blackthorn Pizza & Pub
Sign-in & Speaking Requests
Call to Order Loni calls meeting to order at 6:32pm.
Roll Call – Approve Quorum –
Board Members - Loni, Heather, Lydia, Kam, Tj, Preston, Johnny Ron
Others in attendance – Member of Joplin Foster Connection
Approval of Board Minutes - September 28th -Loni motions- none opposed
Approval of Board Agenda - October 12th – Loni motions- none opposed
1. Reports of Officers
Co-Chair - working on CFO grant submission - need headliner contract signed & paid with Queendom
Co-Chair – purchased supplies to build board for Monster Ball Photo Board
Treasurer - $10,878.75
Secretary – no report
Sponsorship – still need to call Uhaul for sponsorship,Collecting Donations for Silent Auction
Vendor – no report
Volunteer – Need to list of Volunteer Duties for Monster Ball. Sheet passed at meeting for board members to sign up duties.
Marketing – no report
Entertainment – got the line up done for Monster Ball
Media- no report
At Large – no report
2. Unfinished Business
1. Monster Ball
1. Volunteers – sheet passed for board members. No other volunteers outside organization was contacted to help.
2. Vendor ideas; Amber is the Color + Tarot, JOMOEQ, SWMO for All? Hunnybunz? Other ideas for vendors? Jomo pride with meetings flyer/etc.. board discusses and decides because event is still new to have only two vendors at event. Tarot and JOMOEQ
3. Monster ball winner – Crown, Sash, Entry Fees, Plus a $50
4. Costume contest winner – Gift card and Trophy
5. Secure silent auction items – Sponsor is collecting more auctions items
6. Doors @ 5, Talent submission cut-off 530, talent starts at 6. Monster Ball show 7-730 $5 before 6pm, after 6p goes up to $10
7. Costume contest before final set.
2. Fundraiser Outlook 2023 -
1. February - March - April - May - June - August
2. Discuss doubling the pageant back to a fundraiser—loni makes motion to skip pageant –No Loni, Preston, Kam, Lydia yes – Ron, Heather, Abstain – Johnny, Stephanie /// Loni, Johnny, Preston, Ashley, Lydia, TJ, Kam.
3. Pageant Discussion
1. Reduce costs
2. Amend contract
4. Annual Meeting Discuss
1. Bylaws meeting
1. Split in duties media/marketing, addition of duties to roles, committees, membership, etc.
2. List of positions up for elections; All except Co-chair #2 & Ent. Dir #1.
5. Website needs; - Loni still needs to make contact with potential candidate for website maintenance
1. Add sponsors to business directory
2. Sponsorship update and graphic
3. Update pricing on buttons and applications
4. Add pride parade sponsorship and application
5. Website turnover deadline Jan 1st
6. Pride Parade needs -
7. Road closure submissions to be completed in Jan
3 . New Business
1. Next Meeting dates - 26th, bylaws 13th, annual 20th.
2. Speaker Requests -
3. Floor Open to Board
Leave a Reply.