october 17th meeting minutes
JOMO Pride Inc Pride Planning & Board Meeting Agenda
Sun Oct 17th, 2021 @ 6pm
In-person Blackthorn Pizza & Pub
Submitted by Co-Chairs
Call to Order
Roll Call – Approve Quorum
Board Members – Ashley, Ron, Loni, Lydia, Johnny, Taryn, Kimberly, and Preston(Phone)
Others in attendance – Anne Howe and Martha Freeman
Approve Board Minutes October 3rd- Approved
Approve Board Agenda for October 14th - Approved
1. Reports of Officers and Committees
Co-Chair - Nothing
Co-Chair – Need to deposit check, schedule meeting with Brad H.
Treasurer – Account balance – a little under $1000
Secretary – Nothing
Sponsorship - nothing
Vendor - open
Entertainment Director – going to schedule a committee meeting before the November meeting
Asst. Entertainment Director -
Volunteer – set for volunteers on Friday
Marketing – nothing
2. Unfinished Business
A. PrideFest 2022 September 9th - 11th
· Parade - set up meeting with Brad Hodson - Loni
· Pre pride teaser ad - GAYLY 1/8th page - approved by CVB but GAYLY has yet to get back with me. Almost out of time for this cycle.
· Would like to buy a projector and blow-up screen for movie in the park events - possibly added to pride and/or during pride month - Ron talk to Patrick Tuttle
· Booking info received for Maxi Glamour - Season 3 Boiler Brothers Dragula - $500 + hotel & travel from St Louis. – discuss (table)
· New set of walkies needs ordered – Need around 8
B. Grant - working on next year
C. OCT 22nd Halloween Drag Ball
· Need to print flyer and give to Mel for Blackthorn – Whiskey’s and JACC
· Bank box, decorations, bank, tablecloths, signage, silent auction items, bid sheets, pens, white folding tables, raffle tickets, ticket tub, bank bags (2-3), candy bags, door prizes,
· Setup and decorating - Ron will be there after Blackthorn opens to start. Volunteers be checked in by 5pm, unless you are checking in contestants. Decorating will start around noon.
· Silent auction items & giveaway items needed - please solicit
· Door cover - $5 from 6-6:30 and $10 from 6:30 on
· Bring additional bank and $1's
· Volunteers - who?
· 2 - door (could use 3 when busy) – Martha and Taryn
· 2 - silent auction (3 during checkout) – Lisa and Johnny
· Stage assistant - Lydia
· 1 general volunteer - 50/50 raffle helper – Kelsey
· Ron, Loni and Ashely are general volunteers
· Taryn to assist Ashley in solidifying
· Need hotel room for KC Sunshine – We are going to continue to use the same hotel we have used for previous events for now. Table discussion for moving hotels somewhere closer to downtown for future events.
D. Chamber Meeting & marketing efforts - Ron to do Interview segment Nov 2nd at Chamber offices
E. Committees - (Outreach, Sponsorship, Entertainment) - amend bylaws to reflect motion: Motion to allow up to 9 community members to sit on a committee instead of 5, with the addition of a board member who shall chair it. Committee not to be comprised of more than half drag performers. Should meet once a month by phone, video or in person, keep notes of each meeting, votes & final decisions of committee - submit to board for final approval & feedback. Solicit for community members for committees.
F. Treasurer Duties - need letter for IRS change of address, need CPA, rectify balance sheet with bank account and update it regularly, file 990 tax for Crystal Methyd 1,500, good deeds network check - Taryn finished letter
G. Upcoming Meeting;
· November 11th - Board Bylaw Review Meeting - Taryn & Loni’s house 5-9p – Need to create food sign-up sheet for those in attendance, board members only at this meeting
· November 28th - 4p-8p - Blackthorn - Annual Meeting
H. Pride idol Talent -
· 2-3 qualifying rounds and 1 final
· Winner of each round takes contestant fees, advances to final, winner gets paid booking during mainstage at PrideFest.
· Any talent & all ages
· Contestant fee: $10
· If you lose in a previous round you must repay the contestant fee in another round and win to qualify
· 3 judges - 1 pride, 1 host establishment and 1?
· Door cover $5 (funds to PrideFest)
· Different venues for rounds
· Preliminary flyer needed
I. Marketing- Pride photo dumps post needs to be made, flyer for New Year’s Eve – No more than ten photos posted at a time and try to batch in categories.
· MOTION - give authority to marketing director to make marketing related purchases when authorized including authority to run adds on the JOMO pride page - contact back to see if we need to add to account or if we can issue an additional card under his name?
K. 2022 fundraiser month schedule
· Feb - Drag Show Fundraiser - Remi's Valentine's Fundraiser – BLACKTHORN – Feb 12th
· Mar - Joplin’s Got Talent Round 1 - JOPLIN AVENUE COFFEE COMPANY – Might switch to Chaos Brewing, Anne Howe to ask Dale for reduced rate for use of venue
· April - Drag Bingo Fundraiser - LOCKER ROOM
· May - Joplin’s Got Talent Round 2 - WHISKY DICKS – 21+, information about this event needs to be put in the info pushed on social media for the contest so all participants are clear of this regulation, no performers under 21
· June - Pageant Joplin’s Got Talent Round 3 - LOCKER ROOM & BLACKTHORN
· July - Drag Bingo - LOCKER ROOM - OR BLACKTHORN ALL AGES – Work out issues with bingo last year for Blackthorn as venue (bingo calling, seating, possible tiered pricing for entry for those who cannot be in room with callers)
· August - Joplin’s Got Talent Finale – WILDERS – possible food truck, depends on expected turnout – Vendor director to inquire
· September - Pride
· Discuss venues for each
L. New Year’s Eve Bash - Dec 31st
· Performer list: Veronika Versace, Tania, Remi, Stephan, Miles Long, Anne Howe
· 21+, doors open at 7 or 8, goes until close.
· Advance ticket sales
· VIP tables and general admission – discuss pricing at later meeting
· Drag, horderves, midnight countdown & champagne toast, dance party, door prizes & Giveaways, party favors etc.
· Flyer for New Year’s Eve Bash,
· MOTION - $50 ad on the event page over the next 30 days – motion passes with no objections
· Get with Mel about champagne toast – possibly charge $15 entry and pay Mel $5 to cover her costs
· Champagne flutes
· White tablecloths
· Jell-O Shots?
· Dress code – Black and White or Black Tie
M. Website – Patrick Haase working on updates to get our applications changed around and live at the beginning of Nov to start accepting sponsorships early. - We owe for work done right before Pride.
N. MX Regent Non-Binary Pageant Category announcement to be made – Need to promote
O. Entertainment Committee -
· Solidify event dates
· Make sure to be careful not to schedule events the same day as Pride events in the area, especially with June events.
P. Custom Ink Shirts - need to send 3 shirts in the mail
Q. Discuss Open Positions
3. New Business
A. Next Meeting date and time – Next meeting will be Annual Meeting on November 28th
Leave a Reply.