February 11th, 2021 2/11/2021 Board of Directors Meeting & Board Minutes Thur. Feb 11th , 2021 @ 6pm Teleconference Submitted by: Carey & Ron Call to Order Roll Call – Approve Quorum Board Members – Jaclyn, Jarrett, Ron, Carey, Josh, Johnny, Ashley, Misty Others in attendance - Xavier Approve Board Minutes Jan 28th - Approved Approve Board Agenda for Feb 11th – Approved 1. Reports of Officers and Committees A. Co-Chairs – Road Closure Permit submitted cost is $150 to be paid before the event. Resubmitted and will wait on invoice. B. Treasurer – Josh will have check reissued. Balance is $8704.59 C. Volunteer Director update- No update D. Sponsorship Director update – Corporate Sponsorship secured by Robert & Clint from Bogadas E. Vendor Director update – No report F. Marketing Director update – email to GAYLY sent. Need to call Boom and Camp KC, haven't replied to email inquiry. Josh requesting meeting with Co-Chairs to define position and duties. G. Entertainment Directors updates - No report H. Secretary update – Position available I. Media Director update - Position available J. Youth Liaison Director update – No report K. At-Large Board update - Position available 2. Unfinished Business B. 2021 Fundraisers
Drag Show Fundraiser RECAP - FEB 5th -
*Goal was 2,500 *Event raised 2,200 *1,000 Corporate Sponsorship secured at event in addition *Door - 800, Silent auction - 750, 50/50 - 140, tips - 480, misc online donation 50, 1000 corporate Volunteer Positions - plenty of volunteers, more than needed Entertainers/Hosts/DJ service paid 5 @ $50 ($250) victoria, misty, shayna, kidney, chase
Drag Bingo Fundraiser - APRIL 2nd - Blackthorn - 6pm
Will need to order more bingo cards and daubers (double check current stock) Marketing Director to create facebook event page graphic /event flyer before ad is put on event asap (To get with Ron) $40 ad approved at last meeting
Pride Pageant Fundraiser - JUNE - Wilders Event Center - Date: Waiting for Wilders to set date
Order Queen Crown Jewelry package already secured King Crown already secured Order sashes (2) Make/order new banner - JOMO Pride Pageant 3ft x 6ft (Marketing) Show Me America Pageant - Promoters are wanting to hand the pageant over. Already paid: 800 franchise fee + crown, MGA booking, MC booking, ⅖ judges booked which double as entertainment. Left to be paid: ⅗ judges, 5-6 hotel rooms (judges/entertainment/MGA), prize package 800-1000 cash split up for prize package $, plus flowers/plaque or whatever else, 500-600 per winner (crowned and 1st alt) to go to nationals. All paperwork, books, contacts will be handed over as well as assistance. (May try to have another take over pageant and still host at our event) If not we must quickly alter Day 2 activities and add an early mid morning show/event and evening show/event. VOTE was tabled at last meeting until we could meet with Entertainment Directors.
Discussion – Misty concerned about venue and with us being new at this. Ron stated options are pageant owners having someone else take over, us take over, or if we decided not to, giving owners a certain amount of time to come up with a solution/new owners. Discussed cost; about 3,000 left to be paid out. It is doable with the addition of another fundraiser, and that it would cause strain on a board that is lacking manpower already. Other option would be replace the pageant with Day 2 activities. A motion to not go forward with taking ownership of pageant ourselves and notify them so they can find someone else to take this over was discussed by Ron. Misty would like to talk to Victoria about this until a final decision is made. Tabled until next meeting. Hot Checks Discussion - Decided a public statement would be crafted, sent to board for approval, omitting identifiable information, to inform our partners and others with vested interest in our organization of the incident that has occured and that we are working to take care of the issue through all legal remedies. Motion was seconded and adopted pending final approval from board with wording. Ron to Submit GAYLY Sponsorship offer - Grant approved funds for marketing a 2.2 x 2.3 business cube in GAYLY print: $260 in July. Editor in Chief would be willing to give is a half page ad which runs $800 normally, for $300, and the other $500 will be subsidized as a Rainbow Sponsorship from the GAYLY magazine. MOTION was passed by unanimous consent at previous meeting. Ron sent follow-up email. Marketing - contact BOOm, Camp KC by telephone and get proper formating, deadlines etc for ad sets. Gayly is a half page. Ron will create logos folder for main sponsors and required logos (gayly, Bodegas, visit Joplin mo, chamber of commerc, our logo), flyer and event page graphic for drag bingo, flyer and event graphic for PrideFest (artwork must be approved prior to going live), new pridefest logo, new jomo pride logo.
Discussion - Ron & Josh discussed getting together over the next week to go over things and figure out what all needs to be done since they live a sled-slide away. :) CVB Grant update - logos sent - paperwork secured for artwork approval regarding Pride and process, end of event report, hotel tracking report and the guest surveys. Co-Chairs - Event Insurance/road closure permit/Grant rework and resubmit to reflect changes to lineup, payments etc Carey/Treasurer - Form 990 needs filed if not already, Carey to double-check. Check on state use tax exemption. Contact IRS and get us a new non-profit tax letter sent reflecting our new address. Website - minutes/agenda page added, pageant page (to be made available for the board to keep up on) , vendor & sponsor log-in/logistics page and vendor logistics Vendor Director - Contact food trucks and get them to apply through link. Sponsorship Director - collecting donations for April 2nd, Bodegas - 1000 corporate sponsorship.
Discussion - Josh stated for us to get in contact with Ryan Gibson about a sponsorship exchange and getting rooms for pride. Josh to call and Ron or John will follow-up if needed. New JOMO Pride Banner - New JOMO Pride Pageant Banner - Event/informational flyers - A frame poster signs (sponsors - event itinerary - on site) - Hand Fans - event shirts - Mainstage event banner (graphic and banner to be submitted by Bodegas) just reminders of items needed. Pridefest logo - Was decided that with the lack of time, resources and empty board positions we will go forward with Pride without an official theme. Create general logo for JOMO PrideFest 2021, may incorporate with the “return of Pride”. Motion passed by unanimous consent at previous meeting New JOMO Pride Logo - Marketing Director is currently working on. Need to solidify soon for marketing material, ads and other prints. Board positions discuss - Secretary (open), At-Large (open), Media (open) - post soliciting community members was made, another to go out. Was discussed to solicit assistance from trusted community members. Host Hotel - none have contacted us back that were forwarded by CVB. Ron and Jaclyn to contact/meet in-person Sara Cunningham - Founder Free Mom Hugs invited to pride. Waiting on confirmation. Discussion of getting her a hotel room that night if she chooses to stay and possibly a stipend for travel from OK. Josh questioned about what Sara would be doing at Pride. Ron stated that we asked her to speak at the event. No money has been discussed with Sara. Ashley stated that she would like to see her come to promote the organization. Jordan stated that he felt that we should pay for the hotel room to get here to speak. The board would like her to speak. Ron will reach back out to her. Diversity Band made contact and are unable to play for Pride. Ron sent a message to BAM and awaiting confirmation.
Discussions to have a turnabout drag show, those in attendance enthusiastically supported the idea. Was discussed those on the board who don't do drag could do it, and/or picking members of the community. Jordan to assist misty and victoria with getting a plan on how and what they would look like. How it would play out during an event, any other specifics, time frames etc. so we can discuss further.
New Business Next Meeting date and time - 2/25/2021 at 6pm at Blackthorn Adjournment